Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Project of the Year

This year I started every grade with self portraits. Kindergarten is always the most challanging. You don't know what you're going to get at the beginning of the year. My first day with the Kindergarten started with 5 absent, so I only had 17 students. We started with reading a book. Not a book that had anything to do with the lesson, just a book to get their attention, Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus. Boy, was this a hit, they LOVED this book. Then we began our portraits with pencil. They drew with me step-by-step. Next they traced their portraits with Sharpie marker. Next they all watercolor painted their portraits, yeah, in the SAME hour. And we still had time to read another book. I couldn't believe how much we accomplished in one hour. Enjoy these beauties!

No comments:

Post a Comment