Monday, September 2, 2013

Where do I start?

No, really..... where do I start? How do I start to prepare for this school year? I feel so overwhelmed.....with the depth of "stuff" in my classroom. I've tried cleaning in out, all summer. I have cleaned house, so to say.... emptied my room of some of the stuff  I thought I needed to keep because I might use it someday. Ok, then there's curriculum, benchmarks, lesson plans, core curriculum, adding reading and writing to my curriculum, and oh my, seems the curriculum could use some revamping. Intervention, I Can statements, posters, paint, grant writing, I need more cameras for photography class, PBIS, my brain hurts. I have been thinking about all of these things all summer, and working in my classroom maybe once a week. I still don't feel ready. But!!!!!! - tomorrow is almost here, and it's open house. So....... I wanted to share some of the things I am incorporating into my room this year. I found some I Can statements for the High School Art classroom for Michigan Department of Education Benchmarks - Thank You Mrs. Combs' Art World. Wow,THIS TEACHER IS AMAZING!!!! I feel so much like this is my first year teaching after looking at this blog. Amazing! I also found some "I Can" statements for the Middle School. I found these at "Art at Becker Middle School" middle school art blog. So, get ready, get set, plan, plan and plan some more - a new school year is HERE!!!! Let's make some ART!!

No comments:

Post a Comment